Cauliflower is an inexpensive vegetable rich in potassium, minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system, and vitamin B9, essential for cell renewal (blood cells, intestine, skin, etc.) . This cruciferous plant is also very low in calories, and its high fiber content makes it an ally for good digestion.
To change from the traditional cauliflower gratin, here is an original and crispy version in the form of a pizza: simple, healthy and gluten-free!
- 1 cauliflower (approx. 550 g)
- 2 eggs
- 50 g grated Emmental cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato paste, cheese, olive oil, basil, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 200°.
- Wash and mix the cauliflower until you get grains.
- Squeeze the grains with a cloth: place them in the center, close the cloth and twist it vigorously to extract as much water as possible.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cabbage, the eggs and the grated Emmental cheese, salt and pepper.
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread and pack the cauliflower paste evenly (about 1 cm thick).
- Bake at 200° for about twenty minutes, until the pastry is golden.
- Take the dough out of the oven and garnish it as desired.
- Put back in the oven at 220° for about 10 minutes, watching the cooking. Season, accompany with a handful of seasonal salad (lamb’s lettuce, chicory, etc.) and enjoy!
Read also Recipe: black radish carpacio